We all accumulate metals in our bodies. Using muscle testing to identify stressors on the body has increased my awareness of this. I find that most everybody is affected to some degree by mercury, arsenic, lead, aluminum, titanium, and other metals.
What kinds of problems do metals in the body cause? Any condition can be initiated, sustained and amplified by toxicity from metals. Here are some common ones, but this is not a complete list:
- Constipation, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and other lower digestive tract problems
- Rashes, acne, eczema and psoriasis
- Neuropathy and nervous system dysfunction
- Loss of taste, vision, hearing, and touch sensation
- Chronic and repeated infection
- Thyroid problems
- Autoimmune problems
Where do we get these metals? Generally from our environment, things we eat or consume, and things we apply to our bodies. Controlling exposure whenever possible is primary. Some metal exposure is controllable and able to be changed with awareness of the problem:
- Food additives and pesticide residues
- Contaminated water, even tap water
- Make up, other cosmetics and hair products especially hair color
- Dental fillings, braces
- Medications, recreational drugs, cigarette smoke, and poor quality supplements
- Certain types of stainless steel and non-stick cookware, food storage containers, stainless steel water bottles
- Art and printing supplies
- Tattoo ink
Some it is not under our control:
- Air pollution
- Metals you are exposed to as a fetus, as many metals cross the placenta, especially lead
People who are occupationally exposed to metals:
- Painters and other construction trades
- Hair stylists
- Dentists and dental assistants
Metals decrease the ability to absorb nutrients, and can cause stagnation and congestion in the main organs of elimination, like the bowels, skin, liver and kidneys as your systems try to detox. You are always naturally detoxing, but you can always improve the ability to drain toxic fluids, release metals and other toxins, and properly absorb nutrients. This is what getting healthier essentially entails.
In my practice, I use Nutrition Response Testing to identify areas of the body that are stressed because of metal accumulation. I then test and select for people safe and effective nutrients, homeopathic remedies and herbs with a high degree of accuracy because of the simple and elegant reliability of the Nutrition Response Testing system. The healing program I design using this method allows good nutrients to be absorbed and promotes reduced concentrations of metals in the body.
Metal can be anywhere in the body. You want to open up good flow to allow it to drain out into the channels of elimination, most importantly the bowels. When managed correctly, there should be improvements over time with symptoms like poor memory, skin rashes and chronic skin conditions like acne, constipation, poor sleep quality, low resistance to infection, and other indicators of excessive stress and health challenges.