HEALTH AND NUTRITION
- International College of Applied Kinesiology
- Dr. Jeanne Kennedy Crosby is a proud member of the ICAK, the International College of Applied Kinesiology. This association of doctors trains and educates practitioners on Applied Kinesiology muscle testing, as developed and used by doctors, as a guide for therapeutic treatment.
- Standard Process
- Standard Process nutritional products are iconic. They have been developed with the objective of true absorbtion and utilization. The products are more like medicine than vitamins. They are designed to correct specific deficiencies and imbalances in relatively short order. Patient Direct is a portal where my patients can order from Standard Process directly. Please contact me for details.
- Doctor’s Supplement Store
- DSS is an online portal where my patients can order a variety of professional-only and also retail-grade supplements and essential oils. Brands include Supreme Nutrition, NOW, Energetix, and CFH high quality professional grade hemp CBD products. Please contact me for details.
- Weston A. Price Foundation
- The Weston A. Price Foundation is a nonprofit charity founded in 1999 to disseminate the research of nutrition pioneer Dr. Weston Price, whose studies of isolated nonindustrialized peoples established the parameters of human health and determined the optimum characteristics of human diets. Dr. Price’s research demonstrated that humans achieve perfect physical form and perfect health generation after generation only when they consume nutrient-dense whole foods and the vital fat-soluble activators found exclusively in animal fats.
- Shelly Stephenson
- Shelly is my good friend, and also an experienced, very knowledgeable Pilates instructor and KMI practitioner. She was my neighbor at Ankeny Street Studio, where we worked next to each other. I’ve known her for 12 years at least.
- FoodBabe (Vani Hari) is a blogger who has been vigilant in educating her readers about the consequences of industrialized unnatural food products, GMO’s in our everyday diets, and the ease and enjoyment of preparing fresh, natural meals, snacks and beverages. Some of her recipes are iconic, her grain-free Almond Butter Brownies are an internet smash. She has a huge following and her public campaigns against dangerous food additives have successfully shifted the monolith of fake chemical food additives in chain restaurants like Subway and Taco Bell. She is a hero. Subscribe to her blog and buy her book, The Food Babe Way! http://thefoodbabeway.com/
- Hawthorne Veterinary Clinic
- Dr. Cornelia Wagner is Jeanne’s vet for her two precious kitties Wah-Kitty and Annabelle (Bella, Bell-Bell) She’s the best vet I know in this town. She does acupuncture on animals and makes her own herbal and essential oil blends for her animal patients. She helped save Wah-Kitty’s life last year when he maybe ate a bad bird and got pacreatitis. Rough times, but he is fully recovered, and cute and smart and soft as ever.
This is a good product. I’ve bought two for myself, and several of my patients have also purchased. One of my most prized possessions. Delicious clean water. Countertop four-stage reverse osmosis water purification. Super long lasting filters.
- Oil Pulling, Wonderful Therapy
- I have practicing Oil Pulling now for a few months, a couple of times per week. I recommend it as a simple, inexpensive way to do some detoxifying at a slow and manageable pace. I can say from experience it makes your teeth whiter almost immediately, and also the eyes become clearer and brighter. The proponents of oil pulling, which comes from India and Ayurvedic medicine, attribute many healing benefits to the practice. This is a good introductory website.
- Sound Feelings Intestinal Plaque Loosening Audio File
- This is pure genius right here. Listen to the sample. Support this artist’s work by purchasing the downloadable file. It makes you eliminate old hard fecal deposits from your intestinal walls just by listening to it. Highly complementary to any cleansing or purification program.
- Real Food Forager
- This site is awesome, tons of great recipes and information about nutrition, clean water and water filtration, and health tips from a chiropractor-nutritionist.
- Coquine is a lovely SE Portland/Mt. Tabor dining experience, serving very high quality seasonal cuisine. Locally sourced organic ingredients, lovingly made and served by Chef Katy Millard and her impeccable team. Beautiful vegetable and meat dishes, French and Italian influence. Amazing wine selection. Go on a nice date.
- Shoe Mill
- Get yourself a nice pair of shoes. Locally owned.
This place rules. It’s one of my most favorite places. Founded by my long time friend, bandmate and collaborator, Shane DeLeon, Kirks is an art gallery and performance space in Billings, Montana. Cruise around this killer website, made by Upfresh Media, another family business, to get the vibe. I love performing there. Now on Friday nights Shane and Mary Serbe host a killer tour of art pieces there for sale on Facebook live. Follow Kirks Grocery.
- Lotus Lantern Healing Arts
- This is a great resource for intuitves, healers, and feminists. Dr. Jeanne sings the Lady Church anthem.
- Community Warehouse
- Nonprofit furniture and household furnishings bank where low-income families can be provided with basic needs to set up a home. Great place to donate reuseable housewares that will be redistributed at no cost.
- Yoga Space
- Yoga Space is a very established scene in Portland. It used to be right across the street from Better Forever, but has since moved to gorgeous building downtown. Michele Loew is a highly respected teacher trainer in the Portland yoga community, and all the teachers around her are extensively trained to guide you through your yoga practice. Check out their live streams.
MUSIC AND MUSICIANS
- Miss Massive Snowflake
- Miss Massive Snowflake, the band for which Jeanne plays bass since 2007.
- Subvert Savant
- Jeanne and Keith Martinez make ambient soundscape trance psych drone music. Healing original compositions by Jeanne.